We accept referrals from GPs and other professionals for individuals whose main presenting issue is grief. We're able to accept referrals based upon the following criteria:
any adult 18 or over who has experienced a significant bereavement, which is impacting upon their ability to manage day-to-day living, and who living in the catchment area of St Wilfrid’s Hospice. Please note, St Wilfrid’s Hospice is unable to provide crisis bereavement support or home visits. We are also unable to support patients who are already receiving psychological therapy from another service or who present a risk to others.
Please explain in as much detail as you can so that we can provide the appropriate support.
Please include the following:
• The clinical need for the referral. What symptoms of complex grief is the client displaying?
• Information about the impact the bereavement is having on the client’s ability to manage day-to-day living
• Details of the bereavement, including (where known) when it took place, the cause of death etc.
• Current medication
• Details of any history of compulsive behaviours
• Details of any current or past suicidal ideation and / or self-harming behaviours
• Any other information we should be aware of.