This challenge is now over. We're delighted to say that throughout March, 46 swimmers swam a total distance of 743km - the distance between London and Bordeaux. With every length swam, together they have raised over £10,000 for hospice care. Incredible!
If you would like to take part in a similar challenge in the future, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest. We'll get in touch next time we launch a challenge like this one. Thank you for your interest.
Welcome to our brand new challenge - Swim the Distance. Sign up and swim a set distance between the 1st and 31st March, to raise funds for St Wilfrid’s Hospice.
- Choose 8km and swim the width of the River Solent
- Choose 15km and swim the length of Lake Windermere
- Choose the biggie and swim 34km – the distance of the English Channel. This mega-challenge can also be completed as a team
Signing up is FREE. You’ll just be asked to pledge to raise a minimum of £150 to support patient care.
What you'll get:
- Support from the Fundraising Team from the moment you sign up, until after you complete your final length of the pool
- A St Wilfrid's Hospice branded swimming cap, to enhance your swimming performance
- A bespoke finisher's medal for everyone who completes the challenge and raises the minimum amount of sponsorship
- A bespoke microfibre St Wilfrid's Hospice branded towel, for everyone who completes the challenge and raises £250 or more
- Reap all the excellent benefits to your own physical and mental wellbeing, that this swimming challenge will bring!
Call the Fundraising Team on 01323 424341 or email email@example.com for more information and to have your questions answered.
Swim the distance 2024 - Register Interest
Register your interest for swim the distance 2024