40 ways to join in and show your support
How about getting sponsored to take on a challenge with a 40 theme? Here are a few suggestions we’ve come up with to start you thinking, let us know what else you come up with!
Take on a sponsored challenge
- Walk 40 miles (all at once, 1 mile a day for 40 days or 4 miles a day for 10 days)
- Cycle 40 miles
- Swim 40 lengths
- 40 sit-ups a day (for 4 weeks or 40 days)
- Give something up for 40 days
- Do 40,000 steps in one day
- Get a team together and take it in ‘shifts’ to do an activity, such as riding on an exercise bike, Zumba or gaming, for 40 straight hours.
- Do an activity, such as reading (for kids) or a challenging exercise, for 40 minutes per day
- Take on a personal challenge each month for the year: come up with a fresh challenge for each month and aim to raise £40 a month for the year
Organise a 40 themed event
- First to 40: Invite friends and family to pay to take part in a tournament of your choosing e.g. fantasy football, shooting hoops, etc.). The first person to reach 40 points wins a prize or portion of the pot and the rest goes to St Wilfrid’s!
- Invest £40 into your own fundraising idea, from baking materials for a bake sale to buckets and sponges for a car wash, and see how much you can make!
- 80’s themed party: Celebrate our 40th anniversary in the style of the decade St Wilfrid’s opened by travelling back to the ’80s! Host a themed party with popular 80’s music, food, cocktails and fashion! Ask guests for a donation for attending, for drinks or even have pay-to-play 80’s games!
Use your skills and services to raise funds for St Wilfrid’s
- Fitness/wellbeing: Host 40-minute classes
- Artists: Create 40 pieces and sell them
- Shops/Services: Hold a raffle with 40 tickets, £4/£40 tickets or even 40 prizes!
- Cafés/Restaurants: Ask customers if they would like to donate 40p on top of their bill
- Cooks: Create a paid-for page or book with 40 recipes, or a selection of 40-minute recipes